NGINX Unit is a lightweight dynamic open-source server for diverse web applications; to install it, see here.
Built from scratch, Unit can run web apps in different language versions; fully configurable in runtime with zero interruption, it enables on-the-fly granular management for engineering and operations.
The sources are available under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Configuration updates dynamically via a RESTful JSON API
- Disparate language versions run simultaneously
- Application processes scale on demand
- SSL/TLS is supported seamlessly (OpenSSL 1.0.1 and later)
- Extensive request routing and static content capabilities are available
- Server-side WebSockets are implemented for Node.js and Java
- Namespaces enable application isolation
- HTTP requests can be proxied elsewhere during routing